Mary Beth Newkirk, DNP, APRN, FNP-C
Assistant Professor, DNP Online Graduate Nursing Program
Dr. Mary Beth Newkirk started her nursing career as a critical care nurse in 2007. She has since completed her MSN with an emphasis in nursing education and family nursing practice in 2014. Dr. Newkirk completed her DNP in 2020 from Pittsburg State University in Kansas where she resides. Her advanced practice career includes emergency medicine, hospitalist, urgent care, and family medicine. She specializes in rural and underserved populations.
Dr. Newkirk joined Regis College in 2018 as adjunct faculty. She has taught multiple advanced practice courses including Advanced Health Assessment, Primary Care of the Family I & II, Issues and Roles, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, and is a clinical instructor for FNP students. Dr. Newkirk transitioned to full time faculty as an Assistant Professor in the Spring 2021 for the online DNP Program.
- DNP — Pittsburg State University
- MSN — Pittsburg State University
- BSN — Pittsburg State University
- ASN — Southwest Baptist University
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National League of Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau
Certification and Licensure
- ATLS, ACLS, PALS, CPR, Advanced Aesthetics
- RN- KS Multistate, OH, MA, WA
- APRN- KS, WA