Jessica Abernathy, DNP, WHNP, CNM
WHNP Program Director and Assistant Professor
Dr. Abernathy has primarily worked with her own private practice OB/GYN office and PRN in retail/urgent care. She specializes in anemia and iron infusions in pregnancy, contraception, and adolescent health. In February 2019, she redirected her focus from labor and delivery so she could dedicate more time to teaching. Dr. Abernathy continues to provide support for outpatient women’s health.
Dr. Abernathy is a national provider trainer for Nexplanon. She is also an item writer for the Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner National Certification Exam with NCC.
- DNP — Wilmington University 2018
- Post-Master’s Certificate Family Nursing Practitioner — Wilmington University 2014
- Post-Master’s Certificate Certified Nurse Midwife — Georgetown University 2003
- MSN Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner — Vanderbilt University 1998
- BSN — Villanova University 1997